SEATRADE CRUISE GLOBAL (SCG) 2020
Exhibition Date : April 20-23, 2020
Exhibition Venue : Miami Convention Center, Miami, Florida, USA
Location of Phil. Booth: Booth No. 423
II. BOOTH DETAILS
Booth Type : Island Booth (Raw Space)
Size : 30 feet x 30 feet (900 square feet)
No of exhibitors : PDOT plus 10 private sector companies
In line with the Philippine Department of Tourism’s (PDOT) Cruise Tourism Development Program, the Office of Product and Market Development (OPMD) Cruise Team will participate in the Seatrade Cruise Global 2020 at the Miami Convention Center, Miami, Florida, USA on 20 to 23, 2020.
SCG is the cruise industry’s premier global event which has been running for more than 30 years and offering 360 degree networking opportunity with cruise planners, cruise line executives, 1000 exhibitors and 11,000 attendees from 125 countries. It is the only event guaranteed to bring together every facet of the business including cruise lines, suppliers, travel agents and partners.
SCG also offers an annual conference featuring the industry’s most knowledgeable speakers and the plenary session for the State of the Industry led by the heads of the four largest cruise corporations. DOT will set-up a 30 x 30 feet booth space at the SCG Show that will be shared with the Philippine travel trade partners specializing on cruise travel. Several activities will be undertaken at the Philippine booth to attract more booth visitors.
III. PURPOSES / OBJECTIVES
The PDOT is in need of the services of a well-experienced company engaged in the business of exhibition and display design, and booth construction and dismantling. Preferably, the company shall have previous experience on cruise and/or tourism-related fairs and exhibitions in the US and/or other parts of the globe.
The set-up of the aforementioned Philippine booth is aimed at attaining the following objectives:
1. To network with major cruise line companies and cruise planners on increasing routes to the Philippines;
2. To maintain an aggressive presence and reinforce destination recall in the global cruise industry;
3. To sustain collaboration with other Asian countries to promote multiple destinations for cruising in Asia;
4. To be able to achieve the abovementioned objectives, bidders shall submit and prepare a proposed
design and layout for the Philippine booth.
IV. MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
- Bidder must submit proposed design and all other required documents that form part of this technical bid on or before 13 March 2020;
- Bidder must either be a US-based or foreign-based organization with capability to operate in the USA under US laws;
- Bidder must have at least three (3) years of experience in designing and setting up exhibition booths for international and local events, fairs, and exhibitions for travel, tourism or cruise-related events.
V. SCOPE OF WORK / DELIVERABLES
Following are the services required by the Philippine Department of Tourism:
A. Booth design
- The booth design should showcase the country’s offerings as a fun and unique cruise destination in Asia by featuring iconic elements reflecting the Philippines. It shall highlight the Philippines’ major destinations for cruising through appropriate visual designs and tools. Visuals may be provided by the contractor for approval by PDOT or may be requested from PDOT. Design should likewise project the government’s efforts for sustainable tourism through cruise while at the same time complementing the DOT’s branding campaign of “It’s More Fun in the Philippines.”
B. Booth Elements/Layout Requirements
- One (1) reception counter for PDOT that includes the ff:
- The new It’s More Fun in the Philippines logo
- 2 chairs/bar stools
- Power outlet
- Display of exhibitors’ list
- Ten (10) individual information counters for each private sector participant with the ff:
- lockable cabinets for each company/exhibitor
- individual company signages/logos
- two chairs per information counter
- electrical outlets with at least two (2) sockets for charging
- Hanging, distinctive, overhead banner with It’s More Fun in the Philippines logo
- One (1) meeting area with appropriate furniture for group business meetings that can accommodate up to 5 guests. The meeting area should not sacrifice activation area/traffic flow
- One (1) general storage area that will also serve as coffee/snack area with the ff:
- Lockable door
- Working table
- Two (2) chairs
- Cabinet with at least four (4) shelves for storing stock promotional materials
- Hot and cold water dispenser with ample supply of water for the duration of the event
- Trash bins with ample supply of trash bags for the duration of the event
- Other booth stand/pavilion requirements:
- Large scale photo panels with full-color graphics and destination images
- Philippine map showing the ports of call in the Philippines, the DOT Branding Campaign logo, and the Asia Cruise Cooperation Logo and the ASEAN Logo.
- Four (4) ASEAN logo
- Four (4) ACC Logo
- One (1) LED TV (at least 40 inches) with USB connectivity. The placement of the TV should be aesthetically done to complement the general design
- Brochure table-top rack and/or stand type rack
- Furniture, fixture, and décors that complement the general theme
- Strong lighting in general areas to highlight stand visibility
- Appropriate plant decoration and flower arrangement
- Flooring material/Carpet/Appropriate sheet
- All exhibition venue connections and fees (ample supply of electricity, running water, suspensions and permits)
- Supply, delivery, and installation of all the required materials, amenities, and supplies necessary for the set-up and installation of the booth
C. Booth and overhead banner set-up, installation and dismantling
- These activities must conform with the schedule, rules and regulations set by the SCG organizer.
D. All labor including on-site supervision, insurance, and permits should be included in the contract.
V. TIME FRAME AND SCHEDULE OF WORK
February 14 to March 11, 2020 – Announcement and submission of bids
March 13 – Announcement of winning bidder
April 15-19, 2020 – Booth set-up/construction and turnover
April 20-23, 2020 – Exhibition Proper
April 23-24, 2020 – Egress/Booth dismantling
Total budget allocation for the Philippine Pavilion is USD72,000 or its Php equivalent.
VII. PAYMENT PROCEDURE
Full payment shall be made after the full completion of the Philippine booth in compliance with the Philippine Government’s budget, accounting and auditing rules and regulations.
VIII. EVALUATION PROCEDURE
The winning bidder shall be determined based on the following criteria: a) booth aesthetics, b) booth functionality, c) the proponent’s relevant experience, d) conformity with the rules and regulations of the organizers, e) adoption of the It’s More Fun in the Philippines brand, e) projection of tourism sustainability, and f) financial package cost, provided that the amount of bid does not exceed the above total budget and other rules and regulations applicable per Republic Act 9184 of the Philippines. The rating shall be undertaken by OPMD-Cruise and PDOT New York.
IX. CONTACT PERSONS
Tourism Director/Attache, PDOT-New York
Philippine Department of Tourism
Philippine Consulate General
556 5th Avenue #1M, New York, NY10036 USA
Tel.: (1) (212) 575 7915 Fax: (1) (212) 302 6759
Head, Cruise Team
Office of Product and Market Development
Philippine Department of Tourism
351 Senator Gil Puyat Avenue, Makati, 1200 Philippines
Tel. No. (63-2) 84595200 local 508
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
X. ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS
- Proof of relevant experience – Contracting party should be able to provide a list of previous clients/companies and the international travel and/or cruise fairs held in the U.S.A. and other countries where they rendered services for booth design, set-up, and egress
- Contracting party should have bank account in the U.S.A.
- Contracting party should be Tax Return compliant
- Contracting party must show proof of business license and legally capable to operate in the U.S.A.